This Is Me Project 2021
As scrapbookers and memory keepers we are usually our family's historian of sorts. We document all the important moments and take pictures at every event and holiday. But the one thing we don't do often enough, is tell our own story. We are part of our family's story, yes ... and our friends' stories... but sometimes we leave out the details about the person behind the camera. It feels strange to some of us to scrapbook about ourselves, especially when we barely have enough time to get everyone else's pages done. But the phrase I built my company around rings true ... someday, someone may want, or need, to know.
I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19 yrs old. There have been so many times in my life when I wish I knew how my mom felt about things.... things that as a teenager, I never thought to ask her because I thought she'd always be there to tell me.
- Theme: YOUR story, your life today, in 2021
- Price: 1 payment of $95 (free domestic shipping)
- One kit -- three topics
- Topic one:
- Me, My Typical Day
- The World Around Me
- Favorites & Feelings
- Topic 2:
- Family, Pets
- Topic 3:
- Home, Recipes
- 6x8, 50 pages (25 double-sided), space for 100 photos and lots of journaling
- NOTE: instructions and journaling cards are sent via email as digital downloads. You will need access to a color printer, copy paper for the instructions, and 12 sheets of 8.5x11 white card stock to print the journaling cards. If you would rather purchase printed copies of the journaling cards and instructions ($20), contact Traci for details.
- Product included in this kit:
- Teal Simple Stories Binder Album + extra page protectors
- Pink Fresh Keeping It Real Collection
- Embellishments including Stickers, Chipboard, and Die Cuts
- Custom die cut titles
- Custom downloadable journaling cards
- Digital Instructions
- We will cover several topics ... for example:
- Favorite things
- What makes me happy/sad
- My favorite recipe this month
- The world around me
- Things I'm grateful for
- Books I'm reading. TV shows I love
- My greatest accomplishment
- Family, Friends, Pets
- more ...
So if you're ready to create a fun and meaningful project, be sure to follow @artsyalbums on Facebook and Instagram, and sign up to receive my newsletter!
Frequently asked questions:
1. How can I pay for the project? The project will be listed in my shop for purchase on a first-come, first serve basis at 10:00am est June 11.
2. Once I purchase the kit, can I return it? If you change your mind BEFORE the kit ships, I can refund your money. However, once the kit ships, the digital instructions and journaling cards are sent to your email address so at that time the kit is a final sale.
3. Do I have to use only the supplies you send in the kits? Of course not! Remember this is your story and your album. In fact, I encourage everyone to dig through their own stash for relevant embellishments since there is no way I could possibly provide themes for every situation :)
4. Can I work on the project at my leisure? Sure! This is not a class or workshop. You'll be creating your album on your own time once you receive the kit. There won't be any scheduled classes or deadlines, so relax and have fun with it!
6. What tools will I need to complete the project?
- Scissors and/or a paper trimmer
- Journaling pen
- Adhesive (wet, dry, foam, thin glue pen, and strong red line or score tape for pockets)
- Craft knife
- Standard 1/4" hole punch
- Color Printer and white card stock for printing journaling cards
7. What should I hope to come away with at project completion? An album that tells your story in this moment in time. A keepsake that those who love you will cherish, love reading, and passing down to future generations. A more thoughtful way of thinking about our scrapbooking hobby, telling our stories, and leaving a legacy so that those who come after us will know who we were. OR ... maybe none of those things. It may just be a fun craft project for you and that's all good too! Remember, you can make this whatever you want to make it!
8. Will there be a facebook group like in the past? Not this time ... this summer is all about spending time with my family, building our new home, and creating kits and inspiration for Artsy Albums. I'm always here for you though, so if you have questions or just want to chat, message me on facebook or instagram, or send me an email!
9. Is this project open to international participants? Shipping internationally is costly and I although I always want to sell my kits to everyone, many customers are usually uncomfortable with the high cost of international shipping, duties, and taxes. With that said, if you are okay with shipping prices (as determined by USPS or Federal Express), and paying the duties and taxes your country requires, then absolutely I would love to have anyone participate.
10. Once I receive purchase confirmation, what happens next? Your complete kit will ship within a few days (assuming all product has arrived to me from the manufacturers) and you will get an email that contains the digital instructions and journaling cards. Once you click the download button, the pdf copy will be available on your computer or tablet for viewing/printing.