This Is Me Project 2020
Thank you so much! Our project has reached the participant limit and registration has been closed.
Please continue to follow Artsy Albums on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on our next project and new weekly kits!
I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19 yrs old. There have been so many times in my life when I wish I knew how my mom felt about things.... things that as a teenager, I never thought to ask her because I thought she'd always be there to tell me.
And who better to tell our story than us? Our lives might be fun, complicated, happy, messy, painful, motivating or silly. We might not like our handwriting, or how we look in photos ... but I can promise you this, my sister and I don't care what our mom's handwriting looks like, or whether her shoes matched her dress in a photo ... because all of those things are part of her story that we wish we knew.
- Project Length: 6 months (May - October 2020)
- 50 participants: I hope to offer additional projects like this in the future!
- Theme: YOUR story, your life today, in 2020.
- Private facebook group for kit information, sharing and ideas
- Month 1: $42 (+shipping) paid via invoice due by April 15th
- In month one, we will set up our album cover and start the first few pages
- Month 2-6: $22 (+shipping)/month paid via invoice due by the 15th
- Each subsequent month we will work on additional pages for our album
- Each kit will include paper, embellishments, journaling prompts, and instructions, similar to all Artsy Albums kits. There may be questions to answer, suggestions of things to take pictures of, themes to document ... examples are things like:
- What made me happy/sad this week
- My favorite recipe this month
- The world around me
- Things I'm grateful for
- Books I'm reading and why
- People who inspire me
- LOTs more ...
Friday, April 10 at 12:00pm eastern standard time for registration.
If you don't get in this time around, please know that I hope to do more projects like this in the future!
Frequently asked questions:
1. How can I pay for the project? An invoice will be emailed to each participant around the 10th of each month. There will be a link to my shop on the invoice.
2. Once I register, what if I change my mind and decide I don't want to participate? I hope that doesn't happen, but if so, just contact me. Product that has been sent to you can't be returned, but future kits and access to the private facebook group will be canceled, opening up a spot for another participant.
3. Do I have to use the supplies you send in the kits? Of course not! Remember this is your story and your album. In fact, I will encourage everyone to dig through their own stash for relevant embellishments since there is no way I could possibly provide themes for every situation :)
4. Can I work on the project at my leisure? Sure! You'll be creating your album on your own time once you receive the kit each month. There won't be any scheduled classes or deadlines, so relax and have fun with it!
5. How many pages will we work on each month? I'm planning on 4-5, but it may be more or less depending on the journaling prompts for the month, product availability etc. It will be a combo of full 6x8" scrapbook pages and pocket pages. I also want to make sure that everything fits in our binder album!
6. What tools will I need to complete the project?
- Scissors and/or a paper trimmer
- Journaling pen (or computer if you prefer to type)
- Adhesive (wet, dry, foam, thin glue pen, and strong red line or score tape for pockets)
- Craft knife
- Standard 1/4" hole punch
- Possibly a black ink pad and acrylic block for stamping ... but I'll keep you posted on this one
7. Why are you only allowing 50 people to participate? Because this is the first time I've done a project like this. I want to be able to interact with everyone, get the materials out each month on time, and keep up with all of my other Artsy Albums kits and design team projects. Hopefully I can do more projects like this one in the future!
8. What should I hope to come away with at project completion? An album that tells your story in this moment in time. A keepsake that those who love you will cherish, love reading, and passing down to future generations. A more thoughtful way of thinking about our scrapbooking hobby, telling our stories, and leaving a legacy so that those who come after us will know who we were. OR ... maybe none of those things. It may just be a fun craft project for you and that's all good too! Remember, you can make this whatever you want to make it!
9. Why the facebook group? I want a place where we can share ideas and positive energy. I'll be uploading files and instructions to the group page so that everyone can find what they need easily. It will also be a place for you to ask questions and build a community of new friends!
10. Is this project open to international participants? Shipping internationally is costly and I although I always want to sell my kits to everyone, many customers are uncomfortable with the high cost of international shipping, duties, and taxes. With that said, if you are okay with shipping prices (as determined by USPS or Federal Express), and paying the duties and taxes your country requires, then absolutely I would love to have anyone participate.
11. Once I'm registered, what happens next? You will get two emails from me within a few days. One will be an invitation to join the Facebook Group, and the other will be your first invoice (due on or before April 15th). Your first kit will ship out to you around the first of May if not sooner.
12. Can I combine my monthly This Is Me kit with another kit purchase in your shop to save on shipping? I will do my best to work with you on this, but I will have to see how it goes. Please remember there will be 50 of you, and invoicing for this project is set up differently than a regular kit purchase through my website. If I get too many requests for this, it could make bookkeeping etc. very complicated and time consuming and I would much rather spend my time making our project fun and meaningful :).