This Is Me Project
As scrapbookers and memory keepers we are usually our family's historian of sorts. We document all the important moments and take pictures at every event and holiday. But the one thing we don't do often enough, is tell our own story. We are part of our family's story, yes ... and our friends' stories... but sometimes we leave out the details about the person behind the camera. It feels strange to some of us to scrapbook about ourselves, especially when we barely have enough time to get everyone else's pages done. But the phrase I built my company around rings true ... someday, someone may want, or need, to know!
I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19 yrs old. There have been so many times in my life when I wish I knew how my mom felt about things.... things that as a teenager, I never thought to ask her because I thought she'd always be there to tell me.
So, I'm starting my third This Is Me project with a community of women who want to tell their stories. Here are the details:
- Theme: YOUR story, your life today, in 2023
- Price: Free to all members of the Hive
- This is not a physical kit that needs to be purchased. I am encouraging everyone to use supplies they already have on hand.
- Instructions and journaling cards are posted monthly in the private Hive facebook group as digital downloads. You will need access to a color printer, copy paper for the instructions, and 8.5x11 white card stock to print the journaling cards.
- We will cover several topics over the months ... for example:
- Favorite things
- My Life, today in 2023
- What makes me happy/sad
- My favorite recipe this month
- The world around me
- Things I'm grateful for
- Books I'm reading. TV shows I love
- My greatest accomplishment
- Family, Friends, Pets
- more ...
Frequently asked questions:
1. How can I pay for the project? The project is free to all Hive members.
2. Do I have to be a member of the Hive to do the project? If you want to create an album like this on your own, no, but if you want to be part of a community of like-minded creatives, have access to the instructions and downloads, and participate in the Live sessions, yes you do. I'd love to have you join!
3. Do I have to use certain supplies? No! I'm encouraging everyone to use supplies they already have on hand. You can also create the project in any size ... 6x8,12x12, etc.
4. Can I work on the project at my leisure? Sure! This is not a class or workshop. We'll have Live sessions to discuss the project and I'll give ideas, but you'll be creating your album on your own time. There won't be any scheduled classes or deadlines, so relax and have fun with it!
6. What tools will I need to complete the project?
- Scissors and/or a paper trimmer
- Journaling pen
- Adhesive (wet, dry, foam, thin glue pen, and strong red line or score tape for pockets)
- Craft knife
- Standard 1/4" hole punch
- pattern paper, card stock, album and embellishments of your choice
- Color Printer and white card stock for printing journaling cards
7. What should I hope to come away with at project completion? An album that tells your story in this moment in time. A keepsake that those who love you will cherish, love reading, and passing down to future generations. A more thoughtful way of thinking about our scrapbooking hobby, telling our stories, and leaving a legacy so that those who come after us will know who we were. OR ... maybe none of those things. It may just be a fun craft project for you and that's all good too! Remember, you can make this whatever you want to make it!
8. How do I access the private facebook group? Once you join the Hive membership, you can locate the Artsy Albums Hive via facebook and request to join the group.
9. Does the project start/end on a certain date? Although the first downloads and first Live session will be in the facebook group in February, 2023, there is no set date for starting or completing the project. You can access the downloads and watch Live or recorded sessions at any time. The project will be ongoing.
Examples of past This Is Me projects