This Is Me Project 2021
Available to purchase now!
Limited to 53 participants
Please follow Artsy Albums on Facebook and Instagram to stay up-to-date on our next project and new weekly kits!
I lost my mom to breast cancer when I was 19 yrs old. There have been so many times in my life when I wish I knew how my mom felt about things.... things that as a teenager, I never thought to ask her because I thought she'd always be there to tell me.
And who better to tell our story than us? Our lives might be fun, complicated, happy, messy, painful, motivating or silly. We might not like our handwriting, or how we look in photos ... but I can promise you this, my sister and I don't care what our mom's handwriting looks like, or whether her shoes matched her dress in a photo ... because all of those things are part of her story that we wish we knew.
- Project Length: 3 months (January - March 2021)
- 53 participants
- Theme: YOUR story, your life today, in 2021.
- Private facebook group for kit information, sharing and ideas
- 3 Video and/or Zoom Meetings
- Price: 1 payment of $95 (free shipping each month)
- Month 1:
- In month one, we will set up our album cover and start the first section
- Me, My Typical Day
- The World Around Me
- Favorites & Feelings
- You will receive the album, supplies for the cover, the first section and ALL of your embellishments for the entire album
- Month 2:
- In month 2 we will work on additional pages for our album
- Family, Pets
- You will receive a small add-on box during month 2 that includes paper for that month's pages
- Month 3:
- In month 3 we will work on additional pages for our album
- Home, Recipes
- Bucket List
- You will receive a small add-on box during month 3 that includes paper for that month's pages
- Product used in this project:
- Teal Simple Stories Binder Album + extra page protectors
- Go the Scenic Route Paper Collection by Paige Evans for American Crafts
- Embellishments including Stickers, Chipboard, Die Cuts, Ribbon, Twine, Enamel shapes, and a charm
- Custom die cut titles
- Custom downloadable journaling cards
- Digital Instructions
- We will cover several topics each month ... for example:
- Favorite things
- What makes me happy/sad
- My favorite recipe this month
- The world around me
- Things I'm grateful for
- Books I'm reading. TV shows I love
- My greatest accomplishment
- Family, Friends, Pets
- more ...
So if you're ready to join me and 52 other women on a fun and meaningful project, be sure to follow @artsyalbums on Facebook and Instagram, and sign up to receive my newsletter!
Frequently asked questions:
1. How can I pay for the project? The project will be listed in my shop for purchase on a first-come, first serve basis at 12:00pm est January 8.
2. Once I register, what if I change my mind and decide I don't want to participate? I hope that doesn't happen, but if so, just contact me. Once digital instructions have been sent out, the project is a final sale because you will have access to all of the designs.
3. Do I have to use only the supplies you send in the kits? Of course not! Remember this is your story and your album. In fact, I will encourage everyone to dig through their own stash for relevant embellishments since there is no way I could possibly provide themes for every situation :)
4. Can I work on the project at my leisure? Sure! You'll be creating your album on your own time once you receive the kit each month. There won't be any scheduled classes or deadlines, so relax and have fun with it!
5. How many pages will we work on each month? The album has a total of 50 pages that will divided into sections over the 3 months.
6. What tools will I need to complete the project?
- Scissors and/or a paper trimmer
- Journaling pen (or computer if you prefer to type)
- Adhesive (wet, dry, foam, thin glue pen, and strong red line or score tape for pockets)
- Craft knife
- Standard 1/4" hole punch
- Color Printer and white card stock for printing journaling cards
7. Why are you only allowing 53 people to participate? Originally I had planned on 60, but some products were discontinued by the manufacturer and I was only sent enough for 53 participants. Also, I want to be able to interact with everyone, get the materials out each month on time, and keep up with all of my other Artsy Albums kits and design team projects. I plan to do more projects like this one in the future so please follow to stay up-to-date!
8. What should I hope to come away with at project completion? An album that tells your story in this moment in time. A keepsake that those who love you will cherish, love reading, and passing down to future generations. A more thoughtful way of thinking about our scrapbooking hobby, telling our stories, and leaving a legacy so that those who come after us will know who we were. OR ... maybe none of those things. It may just be a fun craft project for you and that's all good too! Remember, you can make this whatever you want to make it!
9. Why the facebook group? I want a place where we can share ideas and positive energy. I'll be uploading files and instructions to the group page so that everyone can find what they need easily. It will also be a place for you to ask questions and build a community of new friends!
10. Is this project open to international participants? Shipping internationally is costly and I although I always want to sell my kits to everyone, many customers are uncomfortable with the high cost of international shipping, duties, and taxes. With that said, if you are okay with shipping prices (as determined by USPS or Federal Express), and paying the duties and taxes your country requires, then absolutely I would love to have anyone participate.
11. Once I receive purchase confirmation, what happens next? You will get an email from me within a few days with an invitation to join the Facebook Group.
12. Can I combine my monthly This Is Me kit with another kit purchase in your shop to save on shipping? I'm sorry. I'm not able to add monthly TIM kits to previous or future orders. There will be 53 of you so managing everyone's orders that come in separately from TIM would be very complicated and time consuming. I would much rather spend my time making our project fun and meaningful :).